Friday, May 30, 2008

Sidney Weber




Last Saturday we received some sad news. That on Friday a family in our ward who are friends of ours were in a terrible car accident. They were on their way to Utah and their vehicle hit some ice and their oldest daughter Sidney was killed. My heart just aches to lose a daughter so young, Sidney had just turned 12 in November. I am so grateful for the Gospel, to have a testimony of the plan of Salvation and to know that my family is Eternal. This past week Ken and I have often sat alone and pondered the things that are most important to us. As we went to the Service today the Spirit was so strong and to see this Mother and Father and young family be so courageous in front of hundreds, you can tell that they were comforted in the fact that they knew they would see their precious daughter again.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. God bless their family during this horrible tragedy.

korie said...

That is heart breaking. I can't imagine losing a child.

Kiera said...

What a hard thing to go through. That is so sad to hear. I am so glad too, that we know we can see loved ones again.

Kari said...

It was a beautiful service. What an amazing girl and family!! I have learned so much from them!