Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday Card Drama

Happy Birthday Ken!
Today is my Hubby's Birthday-yippee! Poor Ken, I had Ellie pick out the cake and the card for him.
So we were at Target yesterday and I said to Ellie "what kind of cake should we get for your daddy?"
I think we should make a Barbie cake with pink frosting on it and put lots of glitter all over.
Ohhh, I bet your daddy would love that cake, how about we just do the pink cake.
Alright, (little pout face) but I don't think he will like it.
Then we moved to the card section and this is where it all went down...
Hey Ellie how about this card? (pointing to a nice sensible card with a little bear family)
NO MOMMY I WANT TO GET HIM THIS CARD! (By the way she is full on yelling at me)
So I very nicely looked at the card, and it was a card that you would buy if someone passed away, although it had really pretty flowers on it, I was not going to by that card.
Ellie honey, why don't you pick out another card for daddy because this card is not the right one.
(stomp of the feet and a little huff) Fine mommy, then I want this one.
Now at this point I was about to get any other card she picked out, but her second choice was far worse than the first one. She picked out a little naughty card with a half naked man on the card that said something like this... "To a naughty birthday girl" you get the point right. Seriously this was Target we were in and it was down at my three years old level. and guess what here came the fit that we all knew would happen, ready count to three...
NOOOOOO! MOMMY (kicking and screaming child on the floor with people watching) I WANT THIS CARD FOR MY DADDY. NOOOOOO, NOOOOOO (lots of crying) NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Finally after all the drama calms down she found a little card with dinosaur's that you can color with stickers, It looks like a toddler card, but hay it's not risky or for people grieving so there you go Ken-Happy Birthday, I love you so much hope you have a Sparkly Birthday with tons of Glitter. Love ya.







7 comments:

korie said...

Oh! That is great! I love it. You can bring Ellie over anytime if you need a break...I can handle that sweet little red head...for a few hours. Hehe

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

How funny! What's the price for her on E-Bay these days? Just kidding!!!!! I LOVE HER!

Heidi said...

thats so cute! way to interveen (sp?)
oh and a song that you have playing... "feels like home" is our wedding song! Love it!

Valerie said...

I think you should have just bought the card...how funny would that be to give it to him (LOL).
Happy Birthday Ken!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Yikes Jen, what are you teaching that girl!

Happy Family said...

That is way too funny! So, you thought the naughty card would have been too much for Ken huh?

Really, of all the cards in the store how funny that she picks those 2!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Wow, first of all, what a yummy looking dinner, and creme brulee YUMMY! and the card thing, you'd be the people I would be staring at, at the store saying, can't that mom control her kid:)))) j/k gotta love our little one's. Oh, got your message when I got home. I wanted to get together but it really was too busy with buisness stuff. I though about ya though especially in the plane as we flew over Co. So glad we hooked up in Cali though. Miss ya