Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Peter Cottontail










For awhile now our backyard has been the home to a family of bunny's. Not much to Kens liking but the girls have gotten a kick out of it when a tiny little bunny is outside. We have even named them, can't tell who is who but yep, they have names. This after noon I was out in the back yard picking up a few things and looked down in the window well of the basement and guess what had fallen all the way down there. A tiny little bunny! AWWW! First I thought that it might be dead because it is a long fall, or if not dead surly it broke a leg. But no the little thing was still alive who knows how long it was down there. I was not about to let it die down there nor was I going to be the one to get it out, sorry I didn't know if it would bit or what kind of diseases it had. Ken was not home until later so that left our good friend Lars to the rescue. Yea for Lars! Lucky for us he was not busy watching a really good movie, (hehehhe) (inside joke). He came and got the bunny out and put it in a box. Now you know what Maci was thinking, "cool mom, can we keep it, I always wanted a bunny for a pet" Uhm, ya right, the girl doesn't even take care the guinea pigs. I finally agreed to let her pet it, and that led to holding it, and that led to crying because I am a mean mom who won't let her keep it. Maci cried and cried because she had to let it go. She is all better and the bunny is once again in our backyard eating our grass.

7 comments:

Karly said...

Haha, cute story. I remember wanting to keep every stray dog or animal we found. It's so heartbreaking when you're younger and your mom doesn't let you keep anything. :)
That's fun that you have then living in your backyard!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

I saw that "mom can I keep it" thing coming. How funny!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh Doh Doh, thats what us Wilson's say when somthing's cute. Our girls would do the same thing. Hannah keeps asking for a dog, we'll see.

Kari said...

She's a cutie! And my kids want to keep all the bunnies they see running all over the neighborhood too! I just remind them they HAVE a bunny of their own in the cage in the backyard, Thumper. That is our one and only pet.

korie said...

I have learned the line. "when your a mommy you can get whatever pet you want and you can have as many as you want." Not sure how long that will work.

Valerie said...

I had a few bunnies growing up, so I know how she feels. They are just so adorable!

Bob said...

The good thing is if asked you can say you are raising them for your food supply! Rabbit stew, rabbit meatballs, rabbit jerky all are pretty good.;) Yummy!