Tuesday, May 6, 2008

California Trip - Oh, for the love of sand!









What the heck was I thinking- seriously my little pasty white kids and the beach. The day started out great, I wanted to take the girls on our last day and take them to the beach, we went to Huntington. I don't know what I was thinking (again for the second time) I thought it would be nice to take some family pictures on the beach and then walk to Ruby's and eat dinner. Not really thinking that the girls would really want to play in the sand or water. But they did, and boy was I so unprepared. No swim suites for Ken and I or Presley, not enough sunscreen to bathe my kids in, and no blanket for Presley to sit on and HELLO, WE HAD SAND EVERYWHERE! Presley wanted down but of course all she did was eat the sand by the handfuls and Maci and Ellie were acting like a bunch of hooligans. OHH the memories we shall have.
I did get some really great shots of the girls and they did have a great time, so in the end it was all worth it.

13 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Looks like the Cali trip was really fun! We had a great time seeing you too. I wish you guys were closer, well, so cute all the fun pics. Thanks for sharing them.

korie said...

OK now I really miss home! Those pictures were great! I'll have to talk you into taking some family pics for us!!!

Bekki said...

looks like you had lots of fun! i want to go back to Disney!

Bek

Heidi said...

How fun! Im so jealous... I know exactly where you were the whole time. I miss CA so much! Oh thats right you grew up in Rancho (totally forgot). SO SO fun!

Karly said...

I love the pics of your girls, so cute, especialy the one of Presley eating the sand. I was surprised to see Kara there. I said, "hey that's my sister!" How fun that all you guys were able to get together.

Lindsay Klinger said...

How adorable is your family those are some great pics. I miss the California beaches. We have beaches here in washington and Oregon. They are beautiful but nothing like good old Cali. And Hunington was always my favorite.

DarbyM said...

super cute pics! :) I miss the beach...

Leticia said...

What a awesome trip...I want to go...Hey wait I "live" in California...I need to get out more...J/K!!! Glad you had fun....Great group of people there!!!! Glad you had fun!!! BABY POwder is AWESOME for removing sand off of everything...just sprinkle on and melts off like butter...just a little tip there for ya!

Leticia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leticia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari said...

Oh it looks like you guys had such a fun time! Cute pictures!!

Happy Family said...

Oh, you guys did so much while you were here. That beach day looked like a lot of fun. How can you keep kids away from sand? You just can't!

Valerie said...

I am so envious...the beach looks absolutely wonderful! I'm glad you guys had a great vacation.