Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday with the crazys





Well church is always quite the ordeal on Sundays. Let me just tell you there have been many of Sundays we just load the girls back up into the car and head home quickly before anyone sees us -this was one of those Sundays were you just want to find the nearest pew that is empty and occupy it all by yourself and then pretend that you don't know your family is over there crying over spilled Cheerios. Some Sundays I swear the Bishop just looks over at our family because he needs a good laugh. So today not only was Ellie belting out the hymns trying to make her voice louder than the congregation (which by the way she has no idea what the words are), she also found a piece of paper, not a big deal right? Wrong, she then waded up the paper and chucked it across the bench in front of us hitting a nice elderly women on the back of her head, that was the point where I suddenly looked behind us as if it came from the other family with the rowdy kids. I tell ya some Sundays I could just hide.
On a lighter note the sun was out today and pretty much just a great day to be outside. We had the missionaries over for dinner and Ken was bar-b-queing so the girls were hanging out in the back yard. I took a few shots of them playing around and yes Ellie is wearing her Snow hat in the nice warm sun-you probably already know we have clothing issues with her, but nevertheless that is what she wanted to wear.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I hear you about Sundays. The nice thing about our ward, as I'm sure you can remember, is there are so many kids that when you start to get embarrassed if your kid is being loud or acting up, you just look around and you are almost guaranteed to find someone else's kid doing the same thing. :) At least that's what I tell myself.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Jrn, You have a funny way of telling your stories that always makes me laugh. Is Ellie making a looser sign? And, yes you do have good taste too:)

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Ok So I can't spell 3 easy words Jen:):)

korie said...

Jen you are too funny! I think Eli might just have out done Avery on this one! I don't think she's hit anyone with anything at church!

Heidi said...

I'm sure we will be there soon enough! I really didnt even notice your kiddos. But I think we were on the other side of the chapel. and that is hilarious that you looked behind you as if someone behind you did it! I love it!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

You are two funny! I think we all have more moments like that then we would proudly admit too!