Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Maci is not a baby!


OK, I'm felling a little old lately. The thing is Maci will be turning eight the end of this year. We are so excited for her to be baptized and she is really looking forward to it. But that's not it. OK brace yourselves... my little Maci wants some grown-up things. Yes you read right, "grown-up things" I can't even type the words. OK this is how the whole conversation went down...

Maci- "Mom I was just thinking that it would be nice if I had a cellphone so you can get a hold of me when you want to."
Mom- "WHAT, where do you go that I don't know where you are?"
Maci- "Well sometimes when I am at school you can call me or something, you can call just to say Hi."
Mom- "Maci you are only seven years old, you don't need a cell phone, I am not giving you one."
Maci- "UGH, fine. Would that be alright if I get a Bra?"
Long Pause...............
Still thinking...........
Calling Father...........
The only thing I could think of was, "Maci you are my daughter there is no way that you need a Bra...end of discussion."

Lately she just seems to be growing up so fast, I am feeling old. Sorry that is two post in a row where I do the whole "oh my baby's are getting so big thing" my babies just need to stop growing.

7 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh noooooooo! I was dying laughing. I hope hannah doesn't start asking me for one or the other:)

DarbyM said...

WHAT???? Nooo........ make it stop. :)

(((hugs))) to the Mommy.

Kiera said...

Wow, I can't believe she is eight!! How long ago did you guys move away? It seems like only yesterday that I was teaching her at church!!

Valerie said...

Really? A bra? Wow! I'm kind of glad that I don't have any girls right now. :)

korie said...

That was way too funny! I can totally picture her saying that! Why do they have to grow up so fast...

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Watch out Jen, if your close your eyes even for a second, you'll be taking her to college!

{sara} said...

Hi-
I don't know you, just blog hopping, a little. This post REALLY caught my eye. I have a Maci, 7 yrs. old, who will be 8 at the end of the year and baptized, too! She is also begging me for a bra! She wants grown up things and thinks she is at least 16...is it the name?