Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day seven (College Fjord)











Our last day of the cruise our ship went into College Fjord. This area is located in the northern part of Prince William Sound. The Fjord contains five tidewater glaciers (glaciers that empty into the water), five large valley glaciers and dozens of smaller glaciers. Most of the Glaciers are named after colleges. This day was our coldest day by far, I wish I had my snow mobile jacket and gloves. The sights were breathtaking and so peaceful. You could hear this very loud thunder sound coming from the glaciers and then you could see the ice chunks fall off into the ocean. It was AMAZING. In one of the pictures by the glacier on the ice chunks there are tons of little brown harbor seals, they were all over.

On our journey from Vancouver to Whitter we traveled 1490 Nautical miles. This was some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. The experiences are unforgettable.

Thank you to my sweet Mother-in-law for watching the girls the time we were gone, I love you so much.

Thanks Ken for this amazing trip and for the best 10 years of my life.











1 comment:

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Wow, beautiful pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast. Congrats! on the 10 years, next time we should check out a couples cruise!!!!