Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10 year Anniversary

Ken and I hit our 10 year anniversary and decided it was time to get away and head to Alaska. We took a 7 day cruise on the Princess Sapphire Ship and loved every second of it. On a scale of 1-10 ten being the best it was at least a 12. We had such a good time relaxing and enjoying the scenery. The weather was AWESOME, it never rained on us and was about 80 walking around the towns. Our one cold day it was about 40 and that was up into College Fjord where some glaciers are. One thing we learned pretty early was "man you will never starve on a cruise". There was food every where we turned and it was all you can eat, so of course my diet ended this week and was out the door the whole trip. We were so spoiled the whole trip and were waited on every second. We loved it so much we are already planning to go again.

We flew into Vancouver, Canada and that is where we boarded the ship. On the way into port the ship hit a whale (they think the whale was already dead) so that was the start of our trip and the first pictures I have of our ship.
Vancouver was so beautiful the city is surrounded by these gorgeous mountains and then the ocean is right at the base of the mountains-so pretty!





Keep on scrolling down for tons of pictures of our cruise.



9 comments:

Grandma S said...

Man! I just finished looking at all the pictures. What a beautiful place! I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to go. Next time - take me! (Really I loved watching the girls - they are the best!) Hopefully we'll hook up on the phone soon. This has been a crazy week jumping back into school - but it will slow down soon.

Much love, Mom

korie said...

Happy 1O years Jen and Ken!! I loved looking at all your pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I was so impressed with how many pictures you guys got with both of you in them. Glad you had a wonderful time.

tracycharmed said...

Happy 10 years! It looks like you had lots of fun and were well rested.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Wow, what a beautiful trip! Jim and I have that on our list of places to visit too! We are doing our first cruise this Feb to the Carribean for 7 days. I am really looking froward to it. I am so glad you guys were able to get away, it is always so nice to be just together. Happy 10!!! Luv ya Liana

Raela's Craft Room said...

Jen,

10 years! Yipee! We'll catch up to you guys next year.

What a magnificent trip... and I love the fact that you brought so many shoes! :)

Your pics are gorgeous! I always hear how beautiful Alaska is, but now I can really see what everyone talks about. Did you guys really hit a WHALE? Crazy!

Now I'm gonna have to start planning our next anniversary... I guess the Big "10" is a Big deal! :)

Love ya!
Raela

JRKimball said...

Congrats on Ten years! The pictures are so pretty, you took some really neat shots. Glad you guys had a good time.

Melanie said...

How exciting! An Alaskan Cruise! What a great way to celebrate your 10th anniversary! Jeff & I want to do that for our next big vacation...hopefully. If we do, we'll be calling your for suggestions on what to do at the ports. We enjoyed the pictures. Love & miss ya!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Happy 10th old timers! HA HA! Your cruise looks fabuloso and sounds like you really enjoyed it! Great pictures of all the cool ice burgs and places you got to go!! See you this weekend!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

How fun... totally jealous of your fuin times! Glad you had time to really relax!