Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer

Tonight Ken is "MIA" and Maci was asking how come I don't like to write on my blog anymore. "Oh that's right I have a blog that has been totally neglected" It has been way to long that I have made a post and there has been so much going on that I don't even know where to start, so my goal is by the end of this week or next I will be all caught up, but please no name calling if I get it done next week or the week after that. It's not that I don't like to write on my blog it is so hard sometimes to find the time (excuses, excuses I know) So with that being said...
School is out! Well it has been for awhile now and I am loving having Maci around more during the days, there are some days that we have nothing planed, you know the lazy days where you do nothing at all except for the last hour right before the hubby comes home and then in that hour you rush to put your bra on (or not) brush your teeth, change out of your sweats, change the kids into clothes because after all it is 4:00 in the afternoon, pick up a few things and then make some yummy dinner up and all is perfect when he comes home. To tell the truth this has happened alot this summer (hehehehe).
The day after school was out we went with my parents to Nebraska's Lake McConaughy to do a little camping.... IN THE RAIN! The only water the boat saw was the buckets of rain that fell on it day after day. But we didn't let a little rain (tons of rain actually) spoil our fun we still had a great time and it was so relaxing. Maci ended up getting sick on the trip and we left a day early but during the time we still managed to roast marshmallow's, laugh, take a ice cold freezing shower, play with kids drive around the little town and get a speeding ticket (sorry dad) and just enjoy the view, it was really pretty there and can't wait to go back when it is a little dryer.

These next picture's are so funny the Lake's water is used for irrigation and the water level is so low that all of the boat ramps are way up on the shores so they were putting the boats in the water by tractor so the trucks won't get stuck in the mud. I have never seen this before and had to take some pictures.


1 comment:

korie said...

I see your Mom's heading to the right store in that picture. haha Don't tell her I said that.