Friday, June 19, 2009

The Messy Green Room

In the messy green family room
There was a telemarketer ringing the telephone
And a crying toddler
because his brother just popped his red balloon
And a picture of--
The cow jumping over the moon (which someone colored on with permanent marker)
And there was a missing
teddy bear, and a girl with
gum in her hair

And one to be scolded
And laundry to be folded
And a very hungry spouse
And something stinky in the house
(that no one else seemed to smell)

And a comb and a brush and a colicky baby who just won't shush
And a frazzled mommy screaming #*%#@

Goodnight messy room
Goodnight scribbled-on moon
Goodnight cow getting out while she can
Goodnight telemarketers and the popped balloon
Goodnight long-gone teddy bear Goodnight cereal bar smeared all over the dining room chair

Goodnight spitup
And goodnight leaky sippy cup
Goodnight much-too-little house and goodnight grumpy spouse
Goodnight comb and goodnight brush
And goodnight to a certain 4-year-old who just needs to hush right now I mean it!

Goodnight Elmo
Goodnight toys we'll pick up tomorrow,
or the next day
Hello chardonnay and TiVo--
"me" time finally.

-Sarah jio

This is so funny. Presley loves, loves the book "Goodnight Moon" we read this book at least 10 times in a week, so when I found this in the Parents Magazine back in November 2008 I saved this little treaseure. I was cleaning out my drawer today and found it, I love it so much. This is me on too many days I would like to admit.

3 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

This was cute and funny. THanks for sharing - love ya!

tracycharmed said...

Some days doesn't this seem like it could be your house? LOL Too funny, thanks for posting!

Heidi said...

That was so great! Love it! I will be writing that one down. thanks for sharing!