Monday, July 14, 2008

R.S. Lesson

I need a break from my R.S. lesson, I have to teach this Sunday and I am just so drained from this lesson. Ken is M.I.A this week so that means the only time I have to prepare is late after the kiddos go to bed. The lesson is on "Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death", Not your fun lets get together and talk about it lesson with out crying. Although I knew this lesson was coming up about a month ago, I just feel I want to be sick on Sunday and not teach it, I much rather blog than study. I would like to say that my testimony of the gospel is so much stronger because of recent events this year, I have changed the way I look at my girls and take every moment I have with them to let them know I love them, and they are children of our Heavenly Father and I feel so blessed to have their sweet spirits in my life. I am so grateful that Ken and I were sealed together in the Temple and that means that my Family will be together forever. (deep breath and let out a sigh) OK, I feel better now that I got that out, well back to preparing.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen you're so cute and I love reading your blogs. Good luck on Sunday.

korie said...

You can do it Jen! You will do and say whatever it is the sisters in your ward need to hear. I think your the best lady for the job! Thanks for sharing your testimony with us! Love you!

Kari said...

Oh yay, you are teaching Sunday!! I always think you do an extra good job on your lessons because you keep it real.

I'm sure you will do a great job! But yes, that is tough subject matter.

Cassie said...

Jen your the best teacher for the job because Sidney's death has hit so close to home. You have been there to comfort me so much and been such a good example of Christ like love for me. Thank you and good luck. But I know that you will do great.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Jen, you are going do an awesome job. I know that you are prayerful and because of that, you will say the words you need to and might be supprised what you might say. It is a wonderful blessing to know that families can be together forever. Good luck!

tracycharmed said...

Good luck on Sunday, you will do a awesome job! I am going to be thinking of you. Cassie is right, YOU are the best person to teach this lesson. There is a reason they wouldn't let you ask someone else! NO STRESSING?!?!

Valerie said...

Wow, that would be a difficult lesson to teach. I wish I were there to hear you teach it...I'm sure it will be awesome!

DarbyM said...

((hugs))I know how much you have prayfully prepared for this lesson and you will do wonderful.

DarbyM said...

((hugs))I know how much you have prayfully prepared for this lesson and you will do wonderful.

Emily R said...

good luck with your lesson... sounds like one you can just make everyone teach for you... tough subject...

Bob said...

I know those once a month church callings can be extremely time consuming and draining.:) The topic is an emotional one but don't prepare too much because I'm sure when you ask a question or ask if anyone has "experience" in this you will have to cut them off so you can finish 10% of what you had planned. You'll hear boo hooing and all that doily gene stuff kicking in and then you'll just have to try to close the lesson. Relax, take a breather, set up the flowers and say a prayer of thanks you don't have to teach that lesson in Elder's quorum!

Anonymous said...

Jen, your lesson was such a comfort to me. I'm thankful Cassie allowed you to share the two letters at the end ... I was able to share your thoughts with my whole family after church and it was very meaningful for all of us. Thanks for going ahead and tackling the job -- you did fantastic!