Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quirky things

Holy smokes, so I have not done the whole blog thing this week and I go to do my usual stocking upon every one's blog and I was tagged again this time from Becky (we go way back and she can probably name some embarrassing moments) anyways- again Yippee this so much fun and it gives all of you some good dirt on me.
So this tag is I have to tell you 6 quirky things about me. Please do not judge me.

1. So I will tell you that I can not eat the ends off of things, I don't know what it is or how it all started but like for example take Hot dogs. I love a good all beef hot dog but will cut off the little ends on both sides (will not eat that part it grosses me out) and then eat the now butchered food, I do the same with bananas, bwrats and other longer shaped edible food. I know it is so weird and it drives Ken nuts.

2. I love a clean house, I will vacuum up to three times a day sometimes. I hate dishes left out on the table or in the sink. I will clean toilets and dust like crazy, but I hate doing the laundry and will wait until we have no clean clothes to wear and then finally Ken will step in and take over.

3. When I go to bed at night I have a ritual and it involves telling Ken that I will see him in the morning, he then say I will see you in my dreams. Sometimes he likes to make me mad and he won't say it or say something different and I get really mad, it then becomes a game and I will not sleep until he says it.

4. It drives me crazy when people park their cars in front of our house and they are not here to see us. I know that is so lame, but it is true. The people across the street always have visitors that never park in front of their house, they park in front of ours. Man after typing that I sound like Aubonys crazy next door neighbors that we make fun of.

5. I'm kind of a food snob. I love the name brand item's and not the private label stuff. Like I LOVE Dryers, and not Private label, I like the real cereal and not the bulk bags stuff. I admit I am trying to be better and develop a cheaper sense of taste, because the private stuff is usually cheaper. I am working on it.

6. I love Hollywood Gossip. When I turn the computer on in the morning I always check the MSN Entertainment section to see what celebs are married, having babies, getting drunk or exposing themselves, I know it's kind-of trashy and who cares, but it is always interesting to me.

Well there you go, that was fun and now I tag Tracy, Cassie, Kori and Jill

10 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Jennifer, To be honest, I don't really "remember" YOU, but of course, I TOTALLY remember your folks and your aunt and uncle from their Rancho days! We love them and miss them very much. My daughter, Melanie, remembers you though. Anyway, now I'm totally perplexed!! I canNOT figure out how I got that "I Belong" icon on my page either. I put it on a LONG time ago. I've been trying and trying to figure it out so I could tell you, but I'm not coming up with the answer. I'll keep working on it though, and if/when I do, I'll be sure and let you know. So sorry! I feel bad --- obviously it's a great link and the more we can put it out there, the better!

Becky said...

That not eating the end of things is so funny! You know, it is kind of gross, that squeezed together part of the sausage, weird, I'll have to think about that next time I eat a hot dog. Yes, we must do a ladies road trip to Colorado, but it had better be a better drive than Wyoming. Where do you live? Now, go and finish the butt end of your banana!

heather b. said...

Hey Jen
I too am a food snob. I don't like the "Private" Brands either. The main thing I will NEVER EVER buy generic is cereal. I don't know what it is but to me it tastes totally different. We are alike in so many ways..go figure. I like Hollywood Gossip and I can't eat the ends of bananas either. It is nice to know that I am not the only one out there with these quirks.
It is so fun to get back in tough with each other...it has been so long.

Bekki said...

You are quirky! Just kidding. I loved reading about you. I'm back from girls camp and catching up on my blog reading.

See you Sunday.

Leticia said...

OK Jen...
The Banana thing...totally me...Don't know why either...??? The Hot dog...I have a hard time eating those things altogether!
I have a quirky thing...it's weird and I don't know why I do it...sometimes when I make spaghetti...I crunch on the uncooked noodles...DOn't know why...
Fun post...
Nanoo/Nanoo...(think Mork & Mindy)...There are a lot more Quirkers out there than you think! :)

Bob said...

Your number 5 quirk about not buying private label food is funny! When I worked at an industrial bakery in Utah I found out that most store brands are exactly the same as the big name brands. All we would do on an order is change the bags and fill them up!! So if a bag or can makes the difference for you mentally I guess the added money spent is worth not having a nervous breakdown or sudden involuntary twitches.:)

Kari said...

Yeah, I hate laundry too! Okay, I posted my husband tag just for you!!

I hope you're having a relaxing weekend after a busy week!

tracycharmed said...

Oh NO!! I guess I better start thinking! Yikes.

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Oh, Jen! I found out how crazy you are more each day!

Gail said...

Hi, I found it - I had it marked as a "favorite" but forgot which one -- so here it is -- it's about half way down the page ---

http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

Have fun!!