Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ellie moment

Last night we were about to eat dinner and right before Ellie asks if she can have a Zinger. I very nicely tell her in my "mommy voice" that we are eating in 5 minutes and please put it away and you can have it tomorrow. Just a few seconds later I hear Maci telling on her, "That's not fair Ellie gets to eat a Zinger". I again tell Ellie to put the Zinger away, that still did not work so I went over and grabbed the smashed Zinger out of Ellies hands as she is screaming at the top of her lungs she tells me "Jesus is not happy with you because you made me sad, and Jesus wants us to be happy so I want the Zinger!!!" I am sorry but how can you argue with that, so I let her eat the Zinger. JUST KIDDING, No I did not let her eat the Zinger, she cried and cried and then we had a teaching opportunity about what we can do to make our Savior happy with us. As we sat on the floor of the kitchen I was reminded of the choices that I have made in my life and a sense of peace and comfort came over me and I can honestly say that He is happy.

3 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

That is AWESOME! I never cease to be amazed at what comes out of kids mouths and how they work it! Good job with the teaching moment.

JRKimball said...

What the heck is a zinger???

korie said...

You amaze me! You took me from laughing to feeling so pleased with in seconds.