Thursday, December 18, 2008

And it had a big bogger in it, but my mom would't let me eat it.







So the other day we are getting ready for church. Ellie just got out of the bath and I was drying her off when I noticed something bluish green way up in her nose. At first I thought it was just conditioner (it was the same color) so I thought no big deal I'll just pinch it out. It was then I noticed that it was a little hard lump and not slimy conditioner. I called Ken to examine the new found color up her nose and he to was a bit puzzled to what it could be. We questioned Ellie what she might have put up her nose and she said nothing at all which usually is a pretty good guess she knows something and does not want to share with us her secrets. After a few minutes of probing tweezers up there we pulled out a tiny little Polly Pocket shoe and nicely tugged up inside was this nasty booger in it. So the day after Ellie is playing with her friend Jasmine and I hear Ellie telling her all about the Polly Shoe with the booger in it and then I hear Ellie say "and it had a big booger in it, but my mom would not let me eat it". I was laughing so hard, I mean what kind of mom am I?


11 comments:

Becky said...

Gross!!! Though, quite funny too. If she were a boy it probably would have been G.I. Joe's 2 way radio. It's hard not to put something into a deep, dark, mysterious cavern such as the nostril. You had better round up the rest of Polly's trousseau, Stilettos included, just to be safe.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

I couldn't help but think of Ralf Wiggam from simpsons because he always is putting things in his nose and here are some quotes fro him...

Ralph: The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

Even my boogers are spicy!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Way to go Ellie!

Carissa said...

Isn't it great being a mom? Kids do the grossest things, but it's usually funny.

Lindsay Klinger said...

The things kids will do. I remember when my sister had to go to the doctor because she put a bead in her ear while I was babysitting her. But a polly pocket shoe that takes the cake!

Steve and Larae said...

That's got to be one of the funniest stories ever! I love it!

Shelly said...

On a big family vacation Jamie stuck something way up in her nose. Your mom and I had fun performing "surgery" removing a small piece of foam.....

Emily R said...

ok what a FUNNY story!!! LOVE IT!
hope you had a great Christmas!

korie said...

So did she pull out the bogger, put it in the shoe and put it back up there to save it for later?

Kiera said...

That is way gross, but really funny that she wanted to eat it and you wouldn't let her! So funny!

Karly said...

Haha, I love the things kids say. What a great story - a little gross, haha - but pretty funny! :)