Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trip to Utah

This was so funny! We got to Heathers parents house Thursday late afternoon. Her family was so fun to be around and I loved every minute with them. Her dad had gone hunting that day and brought back this bird so I thought I would play a joke on Ken and let him think that I actually shot the bird. Heathers dad to make it look believable gave me his hat, jacket and gun. The only thing is it took me a good 10-15 minutes for me to hold the bird by it's legs. It took a lot of convincing to myself to pose with it for the picture. I know what a baby!!


Presley was so cute holding Mason. My sister Janelle had a baby boy and I got to go and spend the night at their house. He is so cute and Presley loved holding him. When we took him away from her she would get all mad and cry until she would hold him again. Oh, I just love him so much and miss him already.

Mason Scott -he is so good looking




My sister-in law Laura also just recently had a baby girl named Allison and I was lucky enough to get to see her for a few hours. Oh, she is so sweet and precious there is just something about newborn baby's.



Aunt Mellissa (Kens sister) and Nathan (Laura's oldest son who is like a week or two younger than Presley) came up along with Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen it was so much fun to hang out with them and spend time with them. I love and miss them so much.





Presley and Nathan just checking each other out.







Ok, so on the way home, we were just outside of Evanston, Wyoming and the weather was getting pretty rough, we left Utah a day earlier to get ahead of a big storm that was coming. So early Saturday morning we got up and left to go back home. Heather was driving her car and we were going really slow only like 35-40 mph. The roads were really icy and we were just taking our time. Ken just called to see where we were at, and find out about the weather. I was talking to him on the phone when all of a sudden this car from behind us is coming up pretty fast (Heather saw him coming up and saw that they were going fast and just decided it was better to stay in our lane so they could pass us, which they did but not slowing down) The other car hit some ice on the road just as they were next to us and hit us on my side pushing our car off the road and into a ditch. The other car went flying about 60 feet farther down off the road. Some how we spinned in the ditch causing us now to completely face Utah where we just came from. Meanwhile poor Ken is on the phone and hears all of us scream and then the phone goes dead. Ken is freaking out back home and feeling helpless not knowing what just happened. We are all fine, just a little sore and tense. I somehow hit my head pretty good on the car but I am feeling better today. The picture is our car and the cop car is up the road that we were just on. That's how far we went off the road. We are so lucky that it was not worse and grateful that we made it home safe. I have to say that I was pretty scared.






I just got back from Utah yesterday to see some new members of the Meador and Sorensen family. My friend Heather and I both wanted to take a short trip out there to see family and decided to go together to save money and have some company. It was a short trip but I had a good time. I only took Presley with me and that was some fun PJ time. Ken is now worried that each month I will have to take a trip with friends and go places, so any ideas for next months trip?

7 comments:

Seipert Family said...

Jen here is my idea.. I'm not driving! jk!! The hunting picture turned out great! that was so funny! I have to say though, that bird had nasty toes!!

Cassie said...

Jen. I'm so glad that you and Heather are okay! That is the same road that our accident was on. You two are very lucky.
I'm glad that you had a fun trip otherwise.

Becky said...

What a crazy trip! I'm glad you are alright. Those are some cute pictures too.

DarbyM said...

Jen!!!! I just heard about this from Aubony. I'm so glad you are all ok and I will call you tomorrow to catch up. I'm glad the trip (besides the accident) went well and you had a good time.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Wow Jen, that sound really scarey! I am glad you guys were ok, I bet your poor hubby was freaking out, Jim would too. I think that hunting pic is too funny!
Thanks for the comment on our blog too!

tracycharmed said...

Glad you are all okay! What a scary road to be on.... when people drive like maniacs.

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Have I told you how crazy you are latelY!? The pic of you with the dead bird is just hilarious! SO NOT YOU !!! I miss you and can't to see you at Christmas! Love on my neices for me! XOXOXOX